14 January 2008

14/366: merge left / virgin of the phonebooth



This was a failed photo to the extent that I couldn't get a good angle on the Tattoo sign and I was shooting straight into the sun. There's something I like about the sun flare (not added in photoshop), as well as all the contrasts and little objects of interest that take us away from the sign.

I'm adding a second item today, though using photoshop filters is probably cheating. I liked the image (a paste-up stuck inside a phone booth with weird light coming through the translucent walls), but it came out all blurry. Blurry doesn't matter for the stained glass filter, which retranslates the icon (a sign of another sort).

1 comment:

Scrivener said...

It's definitely not cheating to use Photoshop. I don't think you're required to Photoshop photos, but that's a perfectly reasonable part of taking digital photos.